We at the Latino Community Foundation are very excited to launch this blog and provide a space for discussion and engagement on issues that matter in the Latino community.
I have been leading LCF for 5 years now. It has been a time of tremendous growth for the organization. With your support we have invested $2.1 million in programs that provide educational, health, and economic opportunities for Latino children, youth, and families. Funds have provided 3 year olds with kindergarten readiness skills, high school students with sex education classes, and parents with the power to support their children’s development.
But, what I am most proud of is our commitment to bring communities and donors together, connecting results-oriented leaders with the resources they need to succeed. Building this base of donors of individuals, corporations, and foundations invested in the future of the Latino community will be our legacy.
There are many challenges ahead. Everywhere I turn I see an article or story about the low graduation and college-going rates, increase in diabetes diagnosis, and staggering unemployment rates among Latinos. While this is true, it only fuels LCF’s commitment to identify ways we can collaborate with others and together lead a movement that will build a better future.
This summer we will kick-off a statewide tour to develop a network of Latino-based organizations and donors to support a California Latino Agenda. Our hope in this journey is that we will connect fearless leaders with each other to move forward an agenda that will lead to better outcomes and greater opportunities for Latino children, youth, and families.
Be a part of the solution. There are many ways to get involved:
- Follow this blog to learn more about the critical issues facing California Latinos and how you can make your voice matter;
- Donate to one of LCF’s investment funds to increase opportunities for families, www.latinocf.org;
- Join an LCF giving circle to pool resources and invest in causes you care about!
POPKIN, SHAMIR & GOLAN LAW OFFICES on August 9, 2012 at 7:30 pm
OPPORTUNITY UNDER THE DREAM ACT
FILING BEGINS AUGUST 15, 2012
DON’T MISS IT!!!
Requirements for the New Program
“Deferred Action Status”:
(A) Date and Time Requirements:
1) You came to the U.S. before 6/15/2012 and you were under age 16 when you came;
2) It does not matter if you came with or without a visa, but if you had a visa, it must have been expired before 6/15/2012;
3) Have you been in the U.S. continuously for the last 5 years (since 6/15/2007)?
4) On 6/15/2012, you must still be under age 31.
(B) Education Requirements:
5) At the time you file your Application (not on 6/15/2012), you ust have completed or graduated high school, or obtained a GED certificate, or honorable discharge from American Armed Forces or Coast Guard, or
6) At the time you file your Application (not on 6/15/2012), you must be enrolled in school (high school or GED).
(C) Other Requirements:
7) At the time you file your application (not on 6/15/2012), you reached age 15 or older, and
8) You have no convictions for one felony, or one serious misdemeanor, or three simple misdemeanors.
WE ARE THE BEST AT SOLVING DIFFICULT CASES!
CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT – FREE CONSULTATION
POPKIN, SHAMIR & GOLAN LAW OFFICES
TEL: (213) 383-3222