AN UNSTOPPABLE MOVEMENT FOR CHANGE.
We believe that when we harness the power and ignite the leadership of Latinos, our economy and democracy will thrive. Our year-long Latino Nonprofit Accelerator– the first of its kind- gives Latino nonprofits the boost they need to grow into strong, sustainable anchors of the community who can uplift our people and create lasting systemic change.
Through the Latino Nonprofit Accelerator, the first-ever incubator for Latino nonprofits, LCF invests money, provides marketing training and fundraising mentorship, and a loving community to amplify the voice and accelerate the impact of grassroots organizations.
Marketing, Fundraising and Leadership Development
Unity Amongst Nonprofits
INVEST IN THE LEADERSHIP WE NEED
Latino-led nonprofits working on the frontlines of social change are the engines of opportunity and inspiration that our communities need. Yet, in California only 1.1% of philanthropic dollars are invested in Latino-led organizations– despite the fact that Latinos are the largest ethnic group in the state. It is difficult for organizations to meet the unprecedented and growing need for their programs without more resources. At the same time without a strong foundation in fundraising and marketing most organizations struggle to secure investments. At LCF, our Accelerator is about unleashing the powerful assets of each organization and building their self-determination and skills for long term sustainability. Over the course of 15 months, we stand alongside our cohort of Latino-led organizations and equip them with the fundraising, marketing, and evaluation skills and tools they need to thrive.
WHY AN ACCELERATOR?
As the Latino Community Foundation worked to unleash the power of Latinos over the last 15 years, we have navigated the ups and downs of building a strong, sustainable, and impactful institution. We learned that an investment in world class materials, photography, tools, and infrastructure was critical for us to achieve our mission. We know what it takes to bring an organization to scale while remaining bold and authentic. Now we want to share that wisdom with Latino-led organizations who deserve the very best resources and a partner who is deeply invested in their success.
Through the accelerator, each organization receives:
• One-on-one, year-long coaching from top notch fundraising and evaluation experts.
• Year-long support from Design Action Collective to create dynamic and effective marketing assets.
• High quality photography assets and grant funding to help nonprofits tell their authentic story
• Access to donors, institutional funders, and philanthropic leaders.
• A series of retreats immersing leaders in topics such as: cultural barriers to fundraising, our relationship to money and power, and the importance of authentic storytelling, and branding for social change.
• Visibility and a platform to share their work and impact.
• A loving community that supports and empowers each other to lead from a place of strength.
“We want to redefine what it means to offer capacity building, because the issues facing Latino nonprofits require a new set of solutions from funders. Our community has the intellectual and creative capital to drive social change. What they need is funding and the mentorship to help effectively communicate their bold vision for change. – Masha V. Chernyak, VP of Programs, Latino Community Foundation”