Latinos are a generous community and we shouldn’t be underestimated as philanthropists.
Two years ago, we asked you to join our philanthropic movement led by and for the Latino community. We knew that there was a tremendous amount of passion and ingenuity that Latinos could bring to the field. And we were right! Our Giving Circle members have rolled up their sleeves by giving their time and talent to local Latino nonprofits. They are interested in the issues, in leveraging funding and are thinking about systemic change.
As of today, we have 122 Latino Giving Circle members in 5 active chapters. We are currently recruiting for Founding Members of the Latinos in Tech and the Sacramento Circle.This year, LCF Giving Circles will be investing $100,000 in grants to Latino-based organizations that they have selected. Today we ask you to join! Stop by any of our upcoming meetings to see how it all works. Be part of a community that is empowering change. Give back in a meaningful, fun, and important way.
- Minimum donation is $1,000/year
- 100% of your donation goes back to the Latino community
- Contact Sara Velten to join – email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check out the W.K. Kellogg Foundation’s blog post about LCF’s work in Catalyzing Community Giving.
CALENDAR OF UPCOMING MEETINGS / RSVP WITH SARA VELTEN /
- Latino Men’s Giving Circle: August 19th
- SF Latina Giving Circle: August 20th
- Sacramento Co-ed Latino Giving Circle: August 26th
- Peninsula Latina Giving Circle: August 27th
- East Bay Latina Giving Circle: September 3rd
- Pleasanton Latina Giving Circle: September 8th
- Latinos in Tech (co-ed) TBD
octavio diaz on August 19, 2015 at 7:55 am
I live in healdsburg ca, I believe in supporting our community and strengthen it. Let me know how I can sing up. I will be opening agave uptowm Oakland in January 2016. Let me know how I can sign up. Octavio Diaz
Latino Community Foundation on August 26, 2015 at 7:07 pm
Thanks for reaching out Octavio! We will email you!
Veronica Lara on September 24, 2015 at 11:53 pm
Are there any Latino Giving Circles in the South Bay?