Latinos are a generous community and we shouldn’t be underestimated as philanthropists.
Two years ago, we asked you to join our philanthropic movement led by and for the Latino community. We knew that there was a tremendous amount of passion and ingenuity that Latinos could bring to the field. And we were right! Our Giving Circle members have rolled up their sleeves by giving their time and talent to local Latino nonprofits. They are interested in the issues, in leveraging funding and are thinking about systemic change.
As of today, we have 122 Latino Giving Circle members in 5 active chapters. We are currently recruiting for Founding Members of the Latinos in Tech and the Sacramento Circle.This year, LCF Giving Circles will be investing $100,000 in grants to Latino-based organizations that they have selected. Today we ask you to join! Stop by any of our upcoming meetings to see how it all works. Be part of a community that is empowering change. Give back in a meaningful, fun, and important way.
CALENDAR OF UPCOMING MEETINGS / RSVP WITH SARA VELTEN /
- Latino Men’s Giving Circle: August 19th
- SF Latina Giving Circle: August 20th
- Sacramento Co-ed Latino Giving Circle: August 26th
- Peninsula Latina Giving Circle: August 27th
- East Bay Latina Giving Circle: September 3rd
- Pleasanton Latina Giving Circle: September 8th
- Latinos in Tech (co-ed) TBD