Happy New Year! We hope you got to rejoice, recharge, and renew! 2018 we are ready!
People usually make personal resolutions or commitments to mark the beginning of the New Year and establish positive intentions for the next 365 days. Some pledge to take more time for family, or finish writing that book, or finally ask that cute neighbor for a cup of sugar, or even step out on a limb and…wait for it… eat more kale!
But what if you also committed to do more for your family, for your community, for your country? What if you committed to be more civically engaged? What if you committed to use your vote as your voice in every election?
Given that it’s still January, we still have a chance to declare our commitments for 2018.
What do you commit to for 2018? Let us know @LatinoCommFdn #2018Vamos
Here are The Latino Community Foundation’s commitments for 2018:
- Be a bold advocate of California’s Latino nonprofit sector that has the passion, talent, and wisdom to transform communities.
- Continue to revolutionize philanthropy through our network of Latino donors that champion Latino nonprofits beyond the dollar.
- Host a historic Gubernatorial Forum to ensure that Latino issues are front and center of the race for Governor from the very start.
- Continue to invest in Latino leaders so that their organizations become strong anchor institutions in their communities.
- Stand valiantly for Latino and immigrant communities and elevate the Latino voice to shape policy.
- Keep reclaiming the narrative of what it means to be Latino at such a moment as now.
In 2017, LCF asked attendees at our Latino Policy Summit and our Latino Outdoors Community Hike to make personal commitments to themselves and their communities. We are mailing out those commitments to remind our partners to remain steadfast in their visions and goals for the future. I hope you will finally try that kale salad recipe (recommended recipes) or take the risk and ask Apartment #11 for some sweetener (do it!). I also hope that you make this your year to make your voice heard by voting!
We will do the same!